Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Maintain Your Self-respect in Difficult Situation

Every reaction to situations is a reflection of one's own self-respect. To the extent that there is a high degree of self-respect, to that extent there is a positive response to even the most negative situations. If there is low self-respect, even the smallest situation brings forth a strong negative reaction. This reaction only makes matters worse. When I am able to maintain my own self-respect even in the worst situation, I am able to have a hold, control over these situations. But if I have a low self-respect I continue to blame situations and use them as excuses to feel helpless. So I am not able to do anything about these situations and just continue to have negative feelings.

~ Brahma Kumaris, Mt Abu

No comments: